Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Back from my first EC

So I'm back from Spain after my first egg collection.  I have to say IVF Spain are amazing.  They are just so professional and after a bad cycle here at home, we have 100% faith in IVF Spain.


We arrived in Spain on the Thursday, and on the Friday, Monday and Tuesday I had an appointment with them every morning.  First was for a bloodtest and then we came back an hour later for the scan, as they would have the blood results back by then.  Thursday was EC and unfortunately I was awake during it.  I thought I would have been asleep, I was sedated but I was awake.  I think the fact I was awake made me think the experience was a lot worse than what it was and I was upset afterwards, but that was my own fault asking for sedation, as it could be different in Spain.  Where as now 100% going for general anesthetic in November.


We got 6 eggs.  The following day we went back for another consultation.  We met the lady who collected my eggs, she gave me an internal scan to make sure I was ok and they said 5 fertilised.  She also told me the changes they would be making for the next cycle for me. I was thrilled that after 24 hours they knew the changes they would make for more eggs and better quality eggs


Day 2 we got an email to say that all 5 were top quality, dividing as they should with no fragmentation
Day 3 the email said that the 5 were still dividing, 4 were of a better quality with no fragmentation.
They said at day 4 they dont go near them as its a critical day.
Day 5 they emailed to say 1 had reached blastocyst stage and it was biopsied and the rest they will keep an eye on until day 7 so Im hoping and praying for at least another 1 embryo


Compared to our last cycle at home, at day 5 transfer our embryo hadnt even made it to blastocyst stage so the fact we have 1 already that got there is good.


Next is another round of EC in November and anything that makes it to blastocyst will be biopsied.  Hopefully some will pass the test and we are looking at a transfer in the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment